1st Lt. David Richard Reynolds Camp #2270, SCV, Mount Pleasant, Texas

 

Long Cemetery
Guardian: John Michael Mars

Located in the Eastern part of Titus County at the intersection of Cotton Belt Railroad, Interstate Highway 30 and FM Highway 899 a short distance West of Farmers Academy Church and on a hill abutting Interstate 30. It is an old and once abandoned cemetery with Long and other families buried there. Recent burials have taken place. The cemetery is easily accessible and well maintained. It is named for John T. Long who owned the property and Nannie Long, the first person believed buried there.

To reach the Long Cemetery from the Titus County courthouse take 1st Street west for 0.5 miles to the intersection with Ferguson Road (US 271). Turn right onto Ferguson Road and proceed 0.3 miles to the intersection from the left of Farm Road 899. Turn left onto Farm Road 899 and proceed 2.8 miles to cross the Rail Road crossing. The cemetery is 50 yards on the right on the crest of a knoll abutting Interstate 30. Currently a large pipe gate guards the entrance to the cemetery. Coordinates 33o09.649'N 095o05.016'W

The Guardian for this cemetery is John Michael Mars. If you know of any other Confederate Soldier that is buried here and not listed then please Contact Us.

NAME BIRTH DATE DEATH DATE REGIMENT RANK PHOTO
Long, John T. 04/10/1841 05/27/1907 Co. E, 11 Tex. Infantry   John T. Long
Long, Robert C. 05/27/1827 12/22/1892 Co. A, 14th Texas Infantry Pvt. Private Robert C. Long