1st Lt. David Richard Reynolds Camp #2270, SCV, Mount Pleasant, Texas


Tabb-Pearson Cemetery

The Tabb-Pearson Cemetery is found in rural Southern Titus County on land that has been in the Collier family for many decades. There are three Monuments and there was once evidence of some 8 or 9 graves. It was established by S. E. Pearson who owned the land at the time. The Tabb family from whence the cemetery derives its name was descended from S. E. Pearson. Since it was a family cemetery, the owners never considered having a deed that set aside the cemetery. However, the cemetery has been kept fenced and protected by the Collier family. Although it has been allowed to become heavily overgrown, Ms Whittington, of the Collier family, has begun clearing much of the scrub brush. The only observable marker other than the monuments was one native stone.

To reach the Tabb-Pearson cemetery from the Titus County court house take Madison Street south for 0.3 mile to the intersection of Ferguson Road (US 271). Turn left onto Ferguson Road for 0.1 mile to the intersection with Jefferson Street (US 271). Turn right (South) onto Jefferson Street and proceed 2.2 miles to the intersection with County Road 2040 (CR 2040). Turn right onto CR 2040 for 0.2 miles to the intersection from the right with CR 2042 (CR SW43B). Turn right onto CR 2042. After about 0.1 mile the pavement ends and the road splits left and right. Turn left between (at this writing) a brown brick house and a white frame house and follow the lane for about 0.1 mile. At this juncture, the lane forks. Take the right fork for approximately 0.3 mile. The cemetery lies on the right side of the lane. Coordinates 33o07.016'N 094o58.790'W

At the present time, there is no Guardian for this cemetery. If you are interested, or if you know of any other Confederate Soldier that is buried here and not listed then please Contact Us.

Pearson, Thomas D. 12/12/1826 09/02/1873 Co. D, 11th Texas Infantry Pvt.